Galina Akchurina leads FBK Legal's Tax Resolution practice and is one of the best tax lawyers in Russia. In the years she has been working at the FBK Group, the total of successfully disputed tax claims and tax returned to companies exceeded $1.5 billion.
According to such international law firm rankings as The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global the team of lawyers led by Galina Akchurina is among the best in Russia. The Legal 500 EMEA described Galina as "a talented, if not prodigious, tax litigator".
International ranking Best Lawyers names Galina Akchurina among best tax specialists in Russia.
Ms Akchurina is among best tax litigators according to International Tax Review Magazine (Tax Controversy Leaders) and is also recognized among best tax specialists in Russia by rating World Tax.
Ms. Akchurina has considerable experience in teaching and lecturing special courses and seminars, in particular at institutions such as the Moscow State Academy of Law, the Higher School of Economics, the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation, the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Service.
Among Galina Akchurina's many successful projects are:
- successfully defending the interests of Gazprom dobycha Krasnodar LLC before the Presidium of the Supreme Court of Arbitration of the Russia Federation in a dispute with the Interregional Inspectorate for Major Taxpayers No. 2. These proceedings have set a precedence for the application of one of the basic principles of tax law pertaining to tax inspections. The tax dispute totaled 800 mln roubles;
- developing a method for transfer pricing for companies in the fuel and energy sector, chemical holding companies, transportation companies, and consumer goods manufacturers;
- successfully defending the interests of CJSC Gazprom YRGM Trading before the Presidium of the Supreme Court of Arbitration of the Russia Federation in a dispute with the tax authorities regarding foreign exchange losses in paying dividends to foreign shareholders;
- successful court challenges to tax claims against McDonald's (Russia), including claims regarding the application of the reduced rate of VAT;
- supporting tax inspections, tax audits, representing clients in court, tax consulting to Gazprom and many of its subsidiaries, Wintershall, TNS energo, ALROSA, Sovcomflot, Russian Helicopters, Home Credit Group.
Tax disputes, supporting tax inspections, tax structuring and risk assessment, transfer pricing, tax due diligence.
2000 Moscow State Academy of Law (summa cum laude)
2002 Special course read by Christopher Osakwe on Comparative Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow)
1999 Qualification as Accountant, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (Moscow)