Alexander Ermolenko manages M&A projects and also advises major Russian and foreign companies on corporate law and provides support on corporate governance projects. He also provides legal support on projects to restructure assets in the Russian Federation.
Alexander Ermolenko is currently an Associate Professor at the Moscow State Academy of Law and has over 15 years' teaching experience.
According to leading international law firms rankings The Legal 500 EMEA and Pravo.Ru 300, FBK Legal's Corporate Law practice, which is headed by Alexander, is one of the best in Russia. The ratings recommend Alexander as "a gifted lawyer" and note that "he’s very good at solving problems, and he thinks outside the box ".
The Legal 500 EMEA rating endorses Alexander personally in Dispute resolution: Litigation. The rating also recommends Alexander as a Russian best performing lawyer in Competition.
Alexander is regularly invited to provide expert commentary by Russia's federal business press and TV.
Mr. Ermolenko has participated in the working groups of numerous legislative initiatives, including TACIS Insolvency II (developing normative acts in the field of bankruptcy), Budget Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (analyzing the budget legislation of subjects of the Russian Federation for compliance with federal budget legislation), the Law on Consolidated Accounts, and the concept for implementing IFRS in the legal system of the Russian Federation.
Among Alexander Ermolenko's successful projects are:
- legal due diligence for one of the largest coal fields with reserves over 2,2 bln tonnes;
- structuring and supporting transactions of the largest fishing company in Russia on acquisition of over a dozen of Far Eastern fishing companies with preliminary Due Diligence of each target;
- expert legal advice on IP legislation in a joint project of the Russian Finance Ministry and the World Bank;
- legal support of a unique international project on foundation of a joint venture between the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan aimed at development and exploitation of rich oil and gas resources at the bottom of the Caspian Sea;
- comprehensive legal support, including representation in court, for M.Video (corporate law, real estate, consumer disputes, advertising legislation);
- legal support in establishing an online banking facility;
- support in reorganizing ER Telecom holding;
- successful challenging of 2.5 bln ruble claims filed against PJSC Gazprom by its creditors;
- providing advice to Alrosa on issuing international securities (credit linked notes);
- providing legal support in a project implemented by Russian Helicopters and AugustaWestland to construct the first Russian plant to produce civil helicopters.
Corporate law, M&A, restructuring, reorganization, bankruptcy, dispute resolution, IP
2004 Moscow State Academy of Law, PhD
2000 Moscow State Academy of Law (summa cum laude)
2004 Fundamentals of Bankruptcy in Sweden (as part of the TACIS Insolvency II project)
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Expert Board of Transneft JSC
- Member of the Management Board of Russia-China Law Society