Sergey Gorokhov joined FBK in 2005 and is now a Lead Lawyer at FBK Legal Tax Consulting Practice.
Sergey successfully provides consulting services to major Russian and foreign companies and takes part in FBK Group projects as a tax specialist.
Sergey has extensive experience as a leader and a team member in the projects on subsurface use (transfer of oil&gas licenses and assets; calculation of MET), company restructuring, investment activities, securities trading and futures involving financial instruments.
A number of publications in professional journals and research papers published by Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
- tax support of Gazprom investment projects, including consulting support of the Power of Siberia gas transmission system construction;
- support of the transfer of assets (a gas condensate field) from a Swiss company to a Russian company;
- preparing methodological recommendations on procedures for tax accounting operations with futures contracts commissioned by a trunk oil pipeline operator;
- analysing changes in the law on securities and derivative financial instruments in relation to activities carried out by one of Russia’s largest banks;
- expert evaluation of the impact of taxation specific to the oil industry in Russia (MET) and export duties on the cost and return on sales of oil products;
- preparing a study on economically justified expenditures and their allocation to justified expenses in order to determine income tax base against order of the Federal Tax Service of Russia;
- developing options for restructuring of the Russian segment of the industrial holding and analysis of tax implications resulting from the restructuring;
- tax audit and advising on tax issues for more than 15 Gazprom subsidiaries;
- recommendations on building contractual relationships when fulfilling offset obligations of a helicopter manufacturing holding.
Tax consulting, tax audit, supporting tax inspections
2004 Graduate School, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
2000 Faculty of Law, Ivanovo State University