Tatiana Matveicheva heads FBK Legal’s Tax Consulting Practice. She supervises projects on tax structuring and tax consulting for large industrial enterprises and financial groups.
Tatiana’s expertise also covers tax planning, tax risk assessment and taxation in the key sectors.
Thanks to over 20 years of experience in tax consulting she has thoroughly studied all the nuances, features and risks arising from the controversial tax legislation in Russia. Her experience and understanding of the industry trends allow Tatiana to deliver high level services on the preparation of analytical reports to forecast the development of tax law enforcement practices in the medium term.Tatiana is an active speaker at different conferences and seminars on the issues of taxation and tax control.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 — Tax
- Chambers Europe 2021 — Tax: ranked lawyer (band 4)
- Best Lawyers 2022 — TaxLaw, Customs and Excise Law
- World Tax 2022 — Indirect Tax Leaders 2022, Women in Tax Leaders 2022
- «Право-300» 2021 — «Налоговое консультирование»
- Tax structuring
- Tax planning
- Tax consulting and expertise
- Setting up tax accounting
- Tax audit
- tax support of a large-scale transaction worth $23.5 billion to create on the basis of SIBUR Holding PJSC the biggest petrochemical company in Russia and one of the biggest in the world;
- drafting methodological documentation for enabling the client switch to a newly introduced tax regime;
- tax and legal support for the development and implementation of the loyalty programme for the Mir payment system;
- structuring relations in a group of companies taking into account the new CFC legislation;
- structuring relations between the parent and subsidiary companies for the joint promotion of products - motorized equipment and joint marketing and advertising costs in order to comply with the requirements of Russian tax legislation, as well as the requirements of tax control over transfer pricing;
- assessment of tax risks in the implementation of a project for the construction of a thermal power plant for the needs of the Gas Processing Plan ;
- support for the return of the mineral extraction tax (MET) in the pre-trial order for a total of $70 m;
- securing a refund of mineral extraction tax in the amount of RUB 4.5 bn at the pre-trial stage;
- tax risk assessment in transactions between affiliated parties, elaboration of methodological recommendations on pricing in intragroup transactions;
- development of instructional guidelines to regulate tax accounting principles in concessional agreements;
- development of tax accounting methods and techniques under the project on the implementation of a corporate automated management system for a large transport group;
- tax support for the restructuring of a big state company into an open joint-stock company;
- elaboration of guidelines for an oil transportation company to assess risks associated with forex transactions and interest rates under oil supply agreements; development of an adequate hedging approach and tax accounting framework for such transactions;
- tax support of the acquisition of a leader in pipeline design and manufacturing that owned assets worth $23 bn;
- elaboration of detailed tax guidelines in view of the newly enacted law on tax manoeuvre for a leading oil&gas company;
- tax support for a large-scale project on changes in the group status of a Japanese company engaged in manufacturing of electronic musical instruments and music software in Russia;
- tax due diligence of a large commercial bank focusing on income tax, VAT and individual income tax, including analysis of transactions with derivatives and securities.