Nadezhda Orlova heads FBK Legal and oversees the provision of legal services to oil and gas companies.
Ms. Orlova has been specializing in commercial, financial, and tax law since 1993 and is a lawyer at the Bar of the City of Moscow. She has significant experience supporting major Russian and multinational corporations.
Among Nadezhda’s positive achievements are endorsements based on the independent legal rankings The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, Pravo.Ru-300 and other ranking agencies which recommend FBK Legal as one of the best law firms in Russia, an achievement in which Ms. Orlova has played an instrumental role. In 2013 and 2014 FBK Legal was nominated in the category Best National Firm for the Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence.
Nadezhda Orlova has been personally recommended by the directory The Legal 500 EMEA 2015 for cooperation in tax sphere; she is also recognized among best tax specialists in Russia by rating World Tax 2016.
During her time at FBK, Nadezhda Orlova has taken part in key working groups and expert councils, including the Council of Experts to the Budget and Taxation Committee of Russia's State Duma, as well as in World Bank and EBRD programs to improve Russia's tax legislation.
She has also contributed chapters to Tax Law, the leading textbook on the subject, and is actively involved in educational programs in tax and financial law.
Nadezhda Orlova's numerous successful projects include:
- legal support of Gazprom’s investment activities as part of a project on the construction of a gas transportation system Power of Siberia;
- developing prospective ways of financing of R&D activities pursued by allied entities by Russia’s largest helicopter manufacturing holding. Tax risks assessment and tax planning for the purpose of opening a trade centre in one of East Asian states;
- managing a large-scale project, including, among other things, legal due diligence of one of the largest coal field with reserves over 2,2 bln tonnes;
- developing an investment pattern for an international project on the construction of a network of gas stations in Europe;
- international tax structuring for major companies with regard to the newly enacted legislation on deoffshorization and CFC;
- carrying out research and development for federal executive agencies, including Russia's Ministry of Finance, the Federal Tax Service, the Ministry of Economic Development and the Federal Anti-Monopoly Service;
- providing complex tax and legal support for over 5 year in the course of preparing, holding and termination of the XII Olympic and XI Paralympic Games in Sochi in 2014;
- providing tax and legal support to PJSC Gazprom and its multiple subsidiaries for over 15 years;
- consulting support on reorganizing Rusnanotech State Corporation into a public company;
- managing a project on the transfer of assets to subsidiaries of Russian Railways (JSCo RZD) in the course of restructuring.
Tax structuring, international tax planning, M&A, transfer pricing, tax consulting and due diligence
2004 Psychology of Organizational Development and Human Resources Management, Faculty of Psychology, Moscow State University.
1995 Tax and Finance Law, Faculty of Law, Moscow State University
2000 Certificate in English, Cambridge University
- Bar Association of Moscow
- Russian Managers Association
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)