Valentina Polyakova is a Lawyer at FBK Legal.
She has extensive experience in supporting M&A projects in the mid-price segment of the market and consulting on the application of civil and labor law, budgetary and forex legislation.
She participates in legal due diligence for companies with different forms of incorporation and in the elaboration of restructuring options for groups of companies and subsequent legal support of this process.
Valentina participated in the comprehensive comparison of the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights endorsed by the UN Human Rights Council and Russian legislation in order to assess the level of completeness and maturity of Russian legislation and development of a national action plan.
- structuring and further legal support of the competitor’s business acquisition by our client – one of the leading processing companies, making part of an international financial group. As a result of this deal a significant part of banks issuing Master Card became clients of the group;
- analysis of merge options for Russian and foreign companies in view of civil, forex, customs and antitrust legislation for one of the global leaders developing and producing doors and windows from top-grade plastic;
- legal support to an international air transport association for the establishment of a system to secure agents’ obligations, to analyze agency contracts for sale of passenger tickets, to develop pre-requisites for joining international settlement system etc.;
- comprehensive legal support of functional changes inside a group of companies producing coffee drinks, detailed analysis of contractual schemes, legal risk assessment;
- examination of agreements (loan agreements, equipment supply agreements) for statutory compliance in order to issue a legal opinion on borrowers for a foreign bank; checking authorization of the borrower’s representatives to conclude deals.
Company law, labor law, antitrust law, forex legislation
2015 Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, PhD in Law
2008 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy, Degree in Law