Marina Balandina joined FBK Legal in 2013 and works as the head of practice.
Marina represents large Russian and foreign companies in various disputes, including debt enforcement disputes, corporate disputes and disputes with government bodies.
Apart from dispute resolution, Marina specializes in business process support and legal consulting on financial markets, currency control and IT/TMT.
For over five years Marina was a lecturer at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSLU). An author of scientific publications and articles.
- representing a client in court proceedings over the ownership of a building in the centre of Moscow worth RUB 450 million (over 10 disputes), including challenging a decision of a government body to transfer the building under the economic jurisdiction of a third party;
- representing a client in bankruptcy proceedings of a large industrial company, challenging transactions made by majority creditors and unlawful actions (omission) on the part of the insolvency officer;
- representing a supplier during its dealer's bankruptcy proceedings, challenging inclusion of the majority creditor in the list of creditors;
- legal support to launch a new marketing programme, which involves letting digital equipment for lease to individuals by a fintech company (a subsidiary of a large consumer bank);
- comprehensive advice to a bank on default on the loan issued to a company, including legal support of debt restructuring and representation of the bank in disputes with borrowers and guarantors;
- legal due diligence of an owner of one of the world’s biggest coal deposits containing above 2.2 billion tonnes of reserves, participating in more than 20 legal due diligence projects for companies from different sectors (including an oil terminal, oil refining, machinery and vessels construction plants, building companies).
Court representation, insolvency, mediation, business process support
2014 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy, PhD in Law
2009 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy