Elena Bokareva specializes in real estate, land law, provides legal support in investment projects and legal services to oil&gas companies, coordinates due diligence engagements, supports audits of business activities of entities, and possesses extensive experience in working with state-financed and non-profit organizations.
For over 16 years, Elena has successfully participated in a variety of dispute resolution matters in mediation tribunals and courts of arbitration, as well as general jurisdiction courts.
Elena possesses in-depth knowledge of the Russian legislation. Extensive experience empowers her to effectively navigate specific aspects of most of the sectors of the economy.
Elena is a contributor to a number of publications in professional and business journals, and has experience in giving seminars in a variety of areas of law.
- about 100 due diligence projects and audits, including a high-profile legal due diligence for one of the world’s biggest and Russia’s largest coal deposits containing above 2.2 billion tonnes of reserves and an audit of a sports events organizing company;
- successful dispute resolution for an oil&gas refinery (defendant in a lawsuit for recovery of losses in the amount of $17 million and plaintiff in a counter-claim for the export of refined raw materials) in Gazprom Arbitration Court at PJSC Gazprom;
- successful dispute resolution in the best interests of a southern Russian gas transportation company in courts of arbitration, including land disputes and a number of related cases (over 10 disputes);
- successful dispute resolution in the best interests of a gas transportation company (defendant) in courts of arbitration, including a debt collection claim in the amount of over RUB 2 billion and a counter-claim for specific performance;
- development of a model and related legal support in assisting migration by the Gazprom group from the then existing investment relationship framework to agency relationship framework with a purpose to improve investment relationship structure in the area of major construction works;
- provision of comprehensive legal support to Yamaha Motor, including representation in court on debt enforcement and bankruptcy of counterparties;
- provision of support to the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee during preparations, staging and closing activities of the XXII Olympic Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014.
Legal due diligence and audit, support in disputes, mediation, comprehensive legal support assignments on business task solutions
2003 Moscow State Law Academy, Degree in Civil Law, Qualification as Lawyer