He has over 20 years of experience in client interests’ representation in courts. He specialises in resolving disputes related to corporate, antitrust, labour and commercial law, as well as disputes with public authorities.
Participated in International Commercial Arbitration as an arbitrator. In 2021, he was included in the Guide to Next Generation of Russian Arbitrators.
Alexander is currently an Associate Professor at Moscow State Law University and has over 20 years of teaching experience. Since 2018 he has been the Chairholder of Practical Jurisprudence opened with his support.
According to such leading international and Russian rankings as The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and Pravo.Ru-300, FBK Legal’s Corporate Law Practice supervised by Alexander is one of the best in Russia. The rankings recommend Alexander as "a gifted lawyer" and note that "he’s very good at solving problems, and he thinks outside the box".
Alexander participated in the working groups of numerous legislative initiatives, including TACIS Insolvency II (developing bankruptcy regulations), Budget Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (analysing the budget legislation of federal subjects of the Russian Federation for compliance with the federal budget legislation), the Law on Consolidated Accounts, and the concept for implementing IFRS in the legal system of the Russian Federation.
- Chambers Europe 2021 — Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market: ranked lawyer (band 4)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 — Dispute resolution: Litigation, Restructuring and insolvency, Competition, PPP and infrastructure projects, Energy and natural resources, Employment, Private client
- Best Lawyers 2022 — Litigation, Corporate Law, Competition/Antitrust Law, Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- «Право-300» 2021 — «Корпоративное право/слияния и поглощения» (high market), «ГЧП/Инфраструктурные проекты», «Семейное и наследственное право»
- «КоммерсантЪ» 2017 — практики M&A, недвижимости и разрешения коммерческих споров
- Corporate law
- Dispute resolution
- structuring and supporting transactions of the largest fishing company in Russia on acquisition of over a dozen of fishing companies with prior due diligence of each target;
- legal due diligence and supporting sale of one of the world’s biggest coal deposits (Elginskoye coal deposit) containing above 2.2 billion tonnes of reserves;
- representing Marie Brizard in courts, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, in several disputes on invalidation of agreements on the alienation of the exclusive rights in trademarks;
- legal support of the concession agreement in IT field;
- complex legal support under the project featuring restructuring of Kässbohrer holding in the Russian Federation and in Europe;
- successful defense of the client's interests in courts in the case of challenging the ban on privatization of a $ 6.5 m building in the center of Moscow, as well as in a number of related cases;
- due diligence of debtors of a large Russian bank (entities of various industries) and their subsidiaries, as well as supporting acquisition of one of them;
- legal support of acquisition of the Russian part of the group specializing in tire manufacturing by a large European company producing automobile spare parts;
- successfully representing Actavis in arbitration courts in seven cases on collection of debts from distributors totalling RUB 1.6 billion;
- representing the client in court to challenge allegations of being controlled by a foreign investor;
- expert legal advice on IP legislation in a joint project of the Russian Ministry of Finance and the World Bank;
- legal support of a unique international project on the establishment of a joint venture by the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan aimed to develop rich oil and gas resources at the bottom of the Caspian Sea;
- comprehensive legal support, including representation in court, for a Russian retail chain selling household appliances and electronics (corporate law, real estate, consumer disputes, advertising legislation);
- legal support in establishing an online banking facility;
- support in reorganising telecommunications holding;
- successful challenging of RUB 2.5 billion claims filed against a of a large energy holding subsidiary by its creditors;
- providing advice to a Russian mining company on issuing international securities (credit linked notes);
- legal support for large holding structures, including offshore companies, in order to resolve complex cross-border issues related to changes in Russian legislation.
Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
Member of the Management Board of Russia-China Law Society
Member of the Committee of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Economic Security of Entrepreneurship
Member of the Commission on Higher Legal Education of the Moscow Regional Branch of the Public Organization "Association of Lawyers of Russia"
Member of the Working group on anti-crisis regulation of socially significant business