Alexander Ermolenko manages M&A projects and also advises major Russian and foreign companies on corporate law and provides support on corporate governance projects. He also provides legal support on restructuring in the Russian Federation.
He has over 20years of experience in client interests’ representation in courts. He specialises in resolving disputes related to corporate, antitrust, labour and commercial law, as well as disputes with public authorities.
Participated in International Commercial Arbitration as an arbitrator. In 2021, he was included in the Guide to Next Generation of Russian Arbitrators.
Alexander is currently an Associate Professor at Moscow State Law University and has over 20 years of teaching experience. Since 2018 he has been the Chairholder of Practical Jurisprudence opened with his support.
According to such leading international and Russian rankings as The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and Pravo.Ru-300, FBK Legal’s Corporate Law Practice supervised by Alexander is one of the best in Russia. The rankings recommend Alexander as "a gifted lawyer" and note that "he’s very good at solving problems, and he thinks outside the box".
The international legal rating Chambers Europe 2021 named Alexander among the best lawyer in Corporate Law / M&A and Dispute Resolution; in dispute resolution, he was also recommended by Chambers Global 2017.
The Best Lawyers 2022 recommends Alexander Ermolenko among the best lawyers in Russia in Litigation, Corporate law, Antitrust law and Law on insolvency and reorganization.
In the Pravo.ru-300 2020 rating, Alexander was called one of the best Russian lawyers in the practices of Corporate / M&A, Private Wealth Management, and Family and Inheritance Law.
The rating of the “Kommersant” publishing house in 2017 ranked Alexander Ermolenko among the leading lawyers in the field of M&A, commercial dispute resolution and real estate.
Alexander participated in the working groups of numerous legislative initiatives, including TACIS Insolvency II (developing bankruptcy regulations), Budget Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (analysing the budget legislation of federal subjects of the Russian Federation for compliance with the federal budget legislation), the Law on Consolidated Accounts, and the concept for implementing IFRS in the legal system of the Russian Federation.
- structuring and supporting transactions of the largest fishing company in Russia on acquisition of over a dozen of fishing companies with prior due diligence of each target;
- legal due diligence and supporting sale of one of the world’s biggest coal deposits (Elginskoye coal deposit) containing above 2.2 billion tonnes of reserves;
- representing Marie Brizard in courts, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, in several disputes on invalidation of agreements on the alienation of the exclusive rights in trademarks;
- complex legal support of a joint venture between CRRC Corporation and Sinara aimed at train manufacturing for high-speed railway Moscow-Kazan;
- legal support of the concession agreement in IT field;
- complex legal support under the project featuring restructuring of Kässbohrer holding in the Russian Federation and in Europe;
- successful defense of the client's interests in courts in the case of challenging the ban on privatization of a $ 6.5 m building in the center of Moscow, as well as in a number of related cases;
- due diligence of Sberbank’s debtors (entities of various industries) and their subsidiaries, as well as supporting acquisition of one of them;
- legal support of acquisition of the Russian part of the group specializing in Matador tire manufacturing by a large European company SODECIA producing automobile spare parts;
- successfully representing Actavis in arbitration courts in seven cases on collection of debts from distributors totalling RUB 1.6 billion;
- representing the client in court to challenge allegations of being controlled by a foreign investor;
- expert legal advice on IP legislation in a joint project of the Russian Ministry of Finance and the World Bank;
- legal support of a unique international project on the establishment of a joint venture by the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan aimed to develop rich oil and gas resources at the bottom of the Caspian Sea;
- comprehensive legal support, including representation in court, for M.Video (corporate law, real estate, consumer disputes, advertising legislation);
- legal support in establishing an online banking facility;
- support in reorganising ER Telecom holding;
- successful challenging of RUB 2.5 billion claims filed against a Gazprom subsidiary by its creditors;
- providing advice to Alrosa on issuing international securities (credit linked notes);
- providing legal support in a project implemented by Russian Helicopters and AugustaWestland to construct the first Russian plant to produce civil helicopters;
- legal support for large holding structures, including offshore companies, in order to resolve complex cross-border issues related to changes in Russian legislation.
Corporate law, M&A, restructuring, reorganisation, dispute resolution, bankruptcy, IP, private clients
2004 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy, PhD in Law
2000 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy (diploma with distinction)
2004 Fundamentals of Bankruptcy in Sweden (as part of the TACIS Insolvency II project)
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Management Board of Russia-China Law Society
- Member of the Committee of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Economic Security of Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Commission on Higher Legal Education of the Moscow Regional Branch of the Public Organization "Association of Lawyers of Russia"
- Member of the Working group on anti-crisis regulation of socially significant business