Alexander Ermolenko manages M&A projects and also advises major Russian and foreign companies on corporate law and provides support on corporate governance projects. He also provides legal support on projects to restructure assets in the Russian Federation.
He has over 15 years of experience in client representation in judicial disputes. He specialises in resolving disputes related to corporate, antitrust, labour and commercial law, as well as disputes with public authorities.
Participated in International Commercial Arbitration as an arbitrator.
Alexander is currently an Associate Professor at Moscow State Law University and has over 17 years of teaching experience. Since 2018 he has been the head of the Department of Practical Jurisprudence opened with his support.
According to such leading international and Russian rankings as The Legal 500, Chambers, IFLR1000 and Pravo.Ru-300, FBK Legal’s Corporate Law Practice supervised by Alexander is one of the best in Russia. The rankings recommend Alexander as "a gifted lawyer" and note that "he’s very good at solving problems, and he thinks outside the box".
The Legal 500 EMEA 2018 endorses Alexander personally in Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Competition, Energy and Natural Resources and Intellectual Property.
Chambers Europe 2018 recognised Alexander as one of the best lawyers in Corporate/M&A and endorsed him in Dispute Resolution. He was also recommended by Chambers Global 2017 in Dispute Resolution.
According to Best Lawyers 2019 Alexander was named among Russia’s best lawyers in Competition/Antitrust Law.
In 2017 the Kommersant publishing house named Alexander Ermolenko a leading lawyer in M&A, Commercial Dispute Resolution and Real Estate.
Alexander was personally named among the best Russian lawyers in corporate law in the 2017 Pravo.ru preference ranking.
Alexander participated in the working groups of numerous legislative initiatives, including TACIS Insolvency II (developing bankruptcy regulations), Budget Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (analysing the budget legislation of federal subjects of the Russian Federation for compliance with the federal budget legislation), the Law on Consolidated Accounts, and the concept for implementing IFRS in the legal system of the Russian Federation.
- legal due diligence and supporting sale of one of the world’s biggest coal deposits (Elginskoye coal deposit) containing above 2.2 billion tonnes of reserves;
- representing Marie Brizard in courts, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, in several disputes on invalidation of agreements on the alienation of the exclusive rights in trademarks;
- structuring and supporting transactions of the largest fishing company in Russia on acquisition of over a dozen of fishing companies with prior due diligence of each target;
- due diligence of Sberbank’s debtors (entities of various industries) and their subsidiaries, as well as supporting acquisition of one of them;
- successfully representing Actavis in arbitration courts in seven cases on collection of debts from distributors totalling RUB 1.6 billion;
- representing the client in court to challenge allegations of being controlled by a foreign investor;
- expert legal advice on IP legislation in a joint project of the Russian Ministry of Finance and the World Bank;
- legal support of a unique international project on the establishment of a joint venture by the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan aimed to develop rich oil and gas resources at the bottom of the Caspian Sea;
- comprehensive legal support, including representation in court, for M.Video (corporate law, real estate, consumer disputes, advertising legislation);
- legal support in establishing an online banking facility;
- support in reorganising ER Telecom holding;
- successful challenging of RUB 2.5 billion claims filed against a Gazprom subsidiary by its creditors;
- providing advice to Alrosa on issuing international securities (credit linked notes);
- providing legal support in a project implemented by Russian Helicopters and AugustaWestland to construct the first Russian plant to produce civil helicopters.
Corporate law, M&A, restructuring, reorganization, representation in court, bankruptcy, IP
2004 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy, PhD in Law
2000 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy (diploma with distinction)
2004 Fundamentals of Bankruptcy in Sweden (as part of the TACIS Insolvency II project)
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Expert Board of Transneft JSC
- Member of the Management Board of Russia-China Law Society