Sergey Gorokhov joined FBK in 2005 and is now a Senior Lawyer at FBK Legal’s Tax Consulting Practice.
Sergey successfully provides consulting services to major Russian and foreign companies and takes part in FBK Group projects as a tax specialist.
Sergey has extensive experience as a leader and a team member in the projects on subsurface use (transfer of oil&gas licenses and assets; calculation of MET), company restructuring, investment activities, securities trading and futures involving financial instruments.
He has a number of publications in professional journals and research papers published by Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
- tax support of major Gazprom investment projects;
- support of projects featuring the transfer of assets (gas condensate fields) from foreign companies to Russian companies;
- preparing methodological recommendations on procedures for tax accounting operations with futures contracts commissioned by a Russian natural monopolist;
- analyzing legislative changes on securities and derivative financial instruments in relation to activities carried out by one of Russia’s largest banks;
- expert evaluation of the impact of taxation specific to the oil industry in Russia (MET) and export duties on the cost and return on sales of oil products;
- preparing a study on economically justified expenditures and their allocation to justified expenses in order to determine income tax base against order of the Federal Tax Service of Russia;
- developing options for restructuring of the Russian segment of the industrial holding and analysis of tax implications resulting from the restructuring;
- tax audit and advising on tax issues for more than 15 Gazprom subsidiaries;
- recommendations on building contractual relationships when fulfilling offset obligations of a helicopter manufacturing holding;
- analyzing methods applied to the accounting of the amount of extracted mineral resources and drafting recommendations on bringing them in compliance with the tax legislation provisions of the Russian Federation;
- preparing the client, an oil-producing company, for the transition to the Excess-Profits tax, calculation the tax burden;
- assessing quality standards of extracted natural resources for Russian mining companies;
- developing the MET calculation methodology for Russian mining companies;
- consulting on methodological tax questions when designing and constructing nuclear facilities abroad;
- drafting methodological documentation on tax accounting regarding provision of food for employees.
Tax consulting, tax audit, supporting tax inspections
2004 Graduate School, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
2000 Faculty of Law, Ivanovo State University