Artem Lomize is a Senior Lawyer at FBK Legal’s Tax Litigation Practice. He represents clients in arbitration and general jurisdiction courts on administrative matters.
He also has extensive experience in resolving legal issues when supporting clients during tax audits and pre-trial settlement of disputes with tax authorities.
Artem has more than 10 years of practical experience. He has mastered the specifics of taxation in the chemical industry, the technical side of mineral resource extraction and made a thorough study of the features of taxation in the power industry and the activities of wholesale suppliers of electricity. He systematically continues his self-education in these areas.
Artem Lomize takes part in various conferences and seminars, including those dedicated to the actions of tax authorities during audits. An author of articles in professional and business journals.
- successfully appealing the claims of tax authorities against large regional power supply companies in applying legislation governing the trade in energy on the wholesale market;
- defending a client in a dispute over application of double taxation treaties and qualification of cross-border transactions;
- pre-trial defending and representing a major gas producing company which belongs to the Gazprom group in a tax dispute regarding Russia's Mineral Extraction Tax;
- successfully challenging claims of tax authorities amounting to over RUB 4 billion against one of Russia's largest chemical companies in applying Article 40 of the Russian Tax Code and the specifics of chemical production;
- successful pre-trial and court appeals contesting the claims of tax authorities against major taxpayers in such areas as industrial production, public catering, construction and power engineering.
Court representation in tax disputes, assistance during tax audits, pre-trial appealing of tax authorities’ awards, tax risk analysis
2009 Moscow Academy of Finance and Law