Elena has advised institutions and private clients on securities, collective investments and regulatory challenges facing the financial sector for over ten years. Elena has experience in the resolution of disputes with Russian and foreign regulators of the financial market, and financial consumers, as well as representation of client's interests in respect of mutual funds, structural financing, repo and derivative transactions.
- representing a client in several litigations in respect of a real estate mutual fund and challenging transactions with the fund’s property;
- representing a Russian player in the collective investment market in several administrative cases over the seizure of securities and arrangement of the mutual fund owner meetings;
- advising a bank on derivative transactions and preparing security documentation;
- representing a private client in a dispute with a foreign bank with operations suspended by the regulator in order to recover the client’s assets;
- representing a brokerage firm in a dispute with an American stock exchange over the breach of transaction reporting obligations;
- representing individuals in a dispute with a foreign regulator over the violation of anti-fraud provisions in the securities market;
- comprehensive legal support to establish an investment company in Europe in accordance with MiFID and ongoing advisory on various issues, including customer categorization, repo and derivative transactions under international standards.
Corporate and civil law, bankruptcy and financial law
2010 Saint Petersburg State University, Master’s Degree in Law