Elena Shigidina is a Head of Practice at FBK Legal.
She has practiced business law since 2006 and has experience in supporting purchase deals for shares/interests and other assets, including real estate of individuals and legal entities; legal due diligence of companies with different forms of incorporation; development of options and further legal support for restructuring of groups of companies.
Elena is recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 in Commercial, corporate and M&A: Moscow practice and the Best Lawyers 2022 — in FinTech practice.
- participation in a large-scale legal due diligence for one of the world’s biggest and Russia’s largest coal deposits containing above 2.2 bn tonnes of reserves;
- legal examination of key contracts and legal support of taking over a large energy company;
- supporting the sale of company assets (exclusive rights to software) to a foreign entity; restructuring of a group of companies;
- more than 50 legal due diligence projects for companies from different sectors (including oil terminals, oil refining, machinery and vessels construction plants, building companies, a shopping mall, fitness centers, medical centers and labs and a chain of retail food stores);
- preparing an investment project for a company establishing the system of emergency calls for senior age persons and persons with disabilities;
- elaborating several options for the restructuring of a group of companies – a multinational food producer – and implementation of the restructuring option selected by the customer;
- supporting privatization of a company, converting from a unitary enterprise into a joint-stock company;
- preparing procurement provisions for a defense plant in accordance with the requirements of Federal Law No. 223-FZ;
- settlement of a labor dispute and recovering of $0.5 m of unpaid salary from Moscow office of one of the oldest auction houses;
- supporting the purchase of a Vietnamese company for the subsequent construction of an oil refinery and a sea port in Hanoi, Vietnam;
- legal representation of a shareholder’s interests in a long corporate litigation with his business partners.
Civil law, legislation on intellectual property rights, corporate law, antitrust legislation, procurement legislation
2010 Russian School of Private Law (Institute) under the Government of the Russian Federation, Master of Laws
2008 Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy, Degree in Civil Law