Liliya Yulgusheva is a Senior Consultant of FBK Legal’s Tax Consulting Practice.
Liliya is specialised in individual and international taxation and has experience in tax support of employee transfers between various jurisdictions.
In December 2016, she obtained an ACCA Diploma in Taxation of the Russian Federation (DipNRF).
An author of tax-related publications in professional journals.
Since 2022, Liliya has been a senior lecturer of the Department of State and Municipal Finances at Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 — Private client practice
- Tax support and tax consulting of individuals
- Tax planning, Including international tax planning
- Currency law applied to individuals
- Reporting on controlled foreign corporations
- Communication with the Russian Federal Tax Service and Ministry of Finance
- supporting a Russian individual on the consequences of a proposed investment in the UK in terms of taxation of his personal income and payment of insurance premiums;
- supporting a major Russian businessman on the taxation of his investments in Russia and Switzerland, as well as on currency control issues;
supporting a private client on the taxation of investments in Russia and abroad (in Israel, UK, Switzerland) when changing the Russian tax status;
preparing tax returns and supporting in obtaining tax benefits related to the tax-free liquidation of a foreign company for the beneficiaries of an investment and construction company;
tax planning and migration support for the CEO of a big Spanish company;
assisting in the preparation of reports, submitting them to the tax authorities and checking the accrual of property taxes by the CEO of a Russian telecommunications company;
- supporting the procedure for the return of excess tax withheld by a leading pharmaceutical company in India;
- tax support of Russian and foreign individuals during the preparation and submission of tax returns;
- tax consulting of Russian and foreign entities on the application and interpretation of the law on taxes, levies, insurance contributions and avoidance of double taxation;
- consulting of top management of several big banks on the fulfilment of their obligations under the Anti-Corruption Law;
- consulting of individuals on the taxation of income and property, application of treaties for the avoidance of double taxation and tax optimisation;
- assisting in the preparation and submission of reports on controlled foreign corporations by individuals;
- assisting individuals in ensuring compliance with the Law on Voluntary Declaration of Assets and Bank Accounts (Deposits) by Individuals and Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation (“amnesty of capital”);
- challenging unlawful actions of the Russian tax authorities in respect of individuals;
- advising on the improvement of taxation and tax administration of individual income, including on the avoidance of double taxation and performance of mutual agreement procedures.
- Working group of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) on international matters