Alexander Grigoriev is a Tax Litigation Project Manager and successfully represents clients before tax authorities and arbitration courts. He also assists clients during tax audit and consults on the tax specifics in various industries.
Alexander is a mediator and an alternative dispute resolution professional.
He has more than 15 years of practical experience.
Prior to joining FBK Legal in 2006, Alexander was a senior lawyer at a commercial organization, as well as the chief expert of the legal division at a regional tax office.
Alexander was named among the best tax litigators in Russia in 2018 by the International Tax Review Magazine (Tax Controversy Leaders) and personally recommended by World Tax 2018.
- successfully challenging claims of more than RUB 1 billion made against gas producing companies of the Gazprom Group in connection with the construction and liquidation of exploration wells;
- successfully supporting a tax dispute of more than RUB 300 million involving a power supply company related to the application of a double taxation treaty and qualification of cross-border transactions;
- legally representing a major engineering company in a tax dispute involving an additional assessment of RUB 140 million in taxes and tax penalties;
- successfully representing a major fast food caterer in court;
- successfully defending a top manufacturer of windows and doors in a dispute with tax authorities;
- challenging a judgement based on the results of a tax audit at a pharmaceutical manufacturer owned by the Sanofi group, including in respect of taxation of unclaimed goods.
Assistance during tax audits, pre-trial appeals against decisions of tax authorities, court representation in tax disputes, tax risks analysis
2008 Russian State Tax Academy of the Russian Ministry of Finance
2018 Research Centre for Mediation and Law, Mediation Specialist, Mediator