Tatiana Matveicheva heads FBK Legal’s Tax Consulting Practice. She supervises projects on tax structuring and tax consulting for large industrial enterprises and financial groups.
Tatiana’s expertise also covers tax planning, tax risk assessment and taxation in the key sectors.
Thanks to over 20 years of experience in tax consulting she has thoroughly studied all the nuances, features and risks arising from the controversial tax legislation in Russia. Her experience and understanding of the industry trends allow Tatiana to deliver high level services on the preparation of analytical reports to forecast the development of tax law enforcement practices in the medium term.
The Legal 500 EMEA recommends Tatiana among Russia’s best lawyers in Tax. The ranking endorses Tatiana Matveicheva as ‘one of the best tax methodologists’.
She was personally recommended by such rankings as Chambers Europe 2018, The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, Best Lawyers 2019, World Transfer Pricing 2018, Indirect Tax Leaders 2018, Women in Tax Leaders 2018 and Kommersant.
Tatiana is an active speaker at different conferences and seminars on the issues of taxation and tax control.
- tax and legal support for the development and implementation of the loyalty programme for the Mir payment system;
- securing a refund of mineral extraction tax in the amount of RUB 4.5 billion at the pre-trial stage;
- development of instructional guidelines to regulate tax accounting principles in concessional agreements;
- development of tax accounting methods and techniques under the project on the implementation of a corporate automated management system for a large transport group;
- tax support for the restructuring of Rusnanotech into an open joint-stock company;
- elaboration of guidelines for an oil transportation company to assess risks associated with forex transactions and interest rates under oil supply agreements; development of an adequate hedging approach and tax accounting framework for such transactions;
- tax support of the acquisition of a leader in pipeline design and manufacturing that owned assets worth $23 billion;
- elaboration of detailed tax guidelines in view of the newly enacted law on tax manoeuvre for a leading oil&gas company;
- tax support for a large-scale project on changes in the group status of a Japanese company engaged in manufacturing of electronic musical instruments and music software in Russia;
- tax due diligence of a large commercial bank focusing on income tax, VAT and individual income tax, including analysis of transactions with derivatives and securities;
- consultancy support to such clients as Gazprom and its subsidiaries, EuroChem Group, Aviaexport, Russian Helicopters, Russian Olympic Committee, TAIF, IBS, Herbalife, Knauf and Yamaha Motor.
Tax structuring, tax planning, tax consulting and due diligence, development of tax accounting framework, tax audit
1996 Yaroslavl State University, Faculty of Law